Monday, November 21, 2005

Hey you, you're a big Fat Cow!!

My chevruta and I were studying Perek Meruba in Tractate Bava Kamma (Babylonian Talmud). The issue was how to determine the "kefel" (The obligatory double payment of the value of the stolen object) where a thief stole a cow that he "fattened". Fattening the cow makes the cow worth more (better). Therefore, the question was whether we obligate the thief for kefel according to the original value of the cow or its value once the thief is taken to beis din. For some reason I said in english, "the big fat cow", instead of the hebrew and my chevruta (study partner) began to laugh. Then he pondered aloud why and if it would be bad to call a woman a big fat cow. After all, we have proof from the Gemara that a big fat cow is worth more than a skinny.

He thought that the logical conclusion is that a woman should take it as a compliment to be called a big fat cow. I then told my chevruta to try it out with his girlfriend and he refused. So women or men too I guess, how would you feel about being called a big fat cow. Why wouldn't u want to be one? It is strange that the current ideal is to be a rediculous shape consisting of mountains and canyons. U've all seen those classical paintings and statues where one can see that the ideal for beauty was a big plump woman. If u are a woman reading this and take the time to read these silly blogs instead of exercising then I'm guessing that u are not sleek and trim. I say, "Hey u, my readers, u are big fat cows!!!!!!". How did that feel?

5 Comments:

Blogger Aliza "La Jewminicana" Hausman said...

mooooooooooooo

7:27 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

moo with me?

Just make sure none of these Big Fat Cows fall on you... ;-)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Gatos Hombre said...

I'll give y'all a good ol' moooooo the next time i see you guys. It's good to see that there are still some confident people out there. Oh and Yehuda, loosen up...Gosh so frum!!!!!!! This JTS thing is getting to you.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Aliza "La Jewminicana" Hausman said...

Hey, Gatos, I saw you yesterday and you did NOT moooooooo.:)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Gatos Hombre said...

I sincerely apologize for not giving u a moooo.....Got to take my ridalin

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home